Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mom, I'm Getting Married


Lil' Charlie is such a ladies man. When I picked him up from school today, he informed me that he was getting married. Here is how he broke the news:

Charlie: Mom, my best friend said she is going to marry me.

Mom: Oh?

Charlie: Yep... (.....long pause...) If I marry her, then she will have to live at our house with us.

Mom: Really? Where will she sleep?

Charlie: (....long thoughtful pause...) I think we can make my room a little bigger and then she can sleep on the top bunk. She might have to bring her clothes. (...another thoughtful pause...) but we won't get married until I'm, like, 60, and that will take, like, a WHOLE YEAR.

Mom: hmmmm. What about Erin?

Charlie: Well, I still love Erin, but if I marry my best friend, Jessica.... (to himself: Jessica? Is that her name?) ....yes, Jessica, then, well, you can't marry another person, too.

Mom: You're right....(...short pause...) Will you have any kids?

Charlie: (with a funny look on his face....thoughtful pause....then laughter) No, silly...boys don't have babies...GIRLS do!!

Mom: Oh, yeah...that's right.

Charlie: If we get married, since I'm a boy then I'll be the dad, and since she's a girl, she will be the mom...but she'll only be able to grow one baby.

Mom: Just one? How come?

Charlie: How did you grow two? Sissy AND Me?

Mom: Well, first I grew Sissy, and then when she was 9 years old, I grew you!

Charlie: hmmmmmm (....more thoughtful pause...)

Mom: So do you think she's a good person to marry?

Charlie: Oh yeah... (...stars twinkling in his eyes as he stares out the window...)

Mom: Really? How do you know that she's a good person to marry?

Charlie: (without pause) Because she's cute and nice and she says she wants to marry me.

Mom: Well, then, will you be getting a house of your own to live in with your new family?

Charlie: (again, without pause) Oh, no. Then we couldn't live with you guys.

Mom: (awwwww! I love this kid!!)

Charlie: I have to pee. When will we be home?

4 comments:

  1. Young love. So sweet and innocent. Next year you may learn that he wants to marry a different girl. That's what happened with Alex. Last year it was Charlie (pre-school friend). This year it's T.J.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next Year?????? He was just fell in love with my friend, Erin, whose wedding we just got back from in Indiana!! It's only been 10 days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So handsome in that picture! Make sure I get a copy of his school pic.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged....