Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Marriage is Off












Oh, dear.

Two heartbreaks in 2 months...what's a mom to do? I picked Lil Charlie up from school today and he was in a mood. Lots of sighs and moans. I knew I was in for my next blog post.


Mom: So What's the matter, honey? Are you OK?

Charlie: No. (combination moan & sigh) Remember my friend? She said she's not going to marry me now.

Mom: Oh, No! What happened?

Charlie: I don't know (groan)

Mom: Did you ask her again, or did she just tell you out of the blue?

Charlie: She just told me. (layed his head down on his folded arms)

Mom: So is she going to marry someone else now?

Charlie: No. I don't know. She just said she wasn't going to marry me now. I'm so mad!!

Mom: Maybe you can pick some flowers for her or give her a present. Is she mad at you?

Charlie: (In thought about what he could possibly do) What could we give her?

Mom: I don't know. Something a girl would like.

Charlie: I don't have any girl toys.

Mom: What about that pink cat you got from Sissy. The one Chesney likes.

Charlie: Oh No!! That's a Neo-Pet. That's SPECIAL!!

Mom: (Quickly seeing that a stuffed cat holds his heart more than this little girl ever could) Maybe draw her a picture with girl stuff.

Charlie: Like what?

Mom: Maybe a flower, or a butterfly? A rainbow.....a....

Charlie: A rainbow. But I don't know how to draw a rainbow. Will you help me?

Mom: Sure I will.

Charlie: Can I have my tattoo? (He found it earlier that morning on the floorboard)

Mom: Sure, here you go.

Charlie: Maybe we can get her a Cars tattoo? And you know how they have lots of them on the page? Then I could keep the rest.

Mom: (Wow - how quickly he is getting over his crush) We'll see (In the house now)

Charlie: (Throws himself on the couch, face first)

Mom: What's the matter, honey? (Giving him a big bear hug) I still love you. She's crazy not to want to marry you.

Charlie: (Defensively insists) NO SHE'S NOT. SHE'S NOT CRAZY.....I'm hungry - Can you make me some lunch?

Stand by for more of "As the Pre-K World Turns"

1 comment:

  1. How dare she not want to marry him>?!?!?!? I have half a mind to come down there and kick her little behind!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged....